Dr. Murali R Nadig is the Medical Director and Chief Nuclear Medicine -PETCT consultant at NewMedd diagnostics. He is well-known in Bangalore as well as outside for his skills, expertise and approach towards the patients. Dr. Nadig finished his MBBS in 2000 from Mysore Medical College and MD (Nuclear Medicine) in 2004 at the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. After his post-graduation, he worked as senior resident at AIIMS till 2008. He has extensive knowledge in general nuclear medicine, nuclear cardiology, PETCT, hyperthyroidism, thyroid cancer treatment and other radionuclide therapy. He has many national and international presentations and research publications to his credit. He has won the Travel fellowship award for paper presentation at Society of Nuclear Medicine 54th annual conference held at Washington DC in 2007. He established Scintilon SPECT Scans, first standalone nuclear medicine diagnostic center in Karnataka, in 2008. He was a visiting professor for DNB Students at Narayana Hrudayalaya, Bangalore and also worked as senior consultant – PETCT at Apollo hospitals, Bangalore previously. He has given many guest lectures about Nuclear Medicine and PETCT in various national and international conferences and CME programs in different parts of Karnataka.
- High-dose radioiodine treatment for differentiated thyroid carcinoma is not associated with change in female fertility or any genetic risk to the offspring. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2005 Oct 1; 63(2):449-55.
- Adrenal and renal metastases from follicular thyroid cancer.Br J Radiol. 2005 Nov; 78(935):1038-41.
- Positron emission tomography: clinical applications in oncology..Expert Rev Anticancer Ther. 2005 Dec; 5(6):1079-94.
- Left ventricular ejection fraction and volumes on rest gated 201-Tl perfusion SPECT: comparison with two-dimensional echocardiography. Nucl Med Commun. 2006 May; 27(5):425-9.
- FDG-PET imaging in infection and inflammation, Ind J Nucl Med 2006 21: 4,
- Intense F-18 FDG uptake noted in a benign bone cyst, Clin Nucl Med. 2007 Mar; 32(3):255-7
- Comparison between Dobutamine stress and combination of handgrip exercise with Dobutamine stress in Myocardial Perfusion SPECT, Nucl Med Commun. 2007 Apr; 28(4):301-4.
- Evaluation of dysfunction and malformations of the urinary tract in patients with meningomyelocele, by renal dynamic scintigraphy and direct radionuclide cystography; an Indian perspective. Hell J Nucl Med. 2007 May-Aug; 10(2):102-104.
- Hepatobiliary scintigraphy in detecting lesser sac bile leak in post cholecystectomy patients; the need to recognize as a separate entity. Clin Nucl Med. 2008 Mar;33(3):161-7.
- Usefulness of 99mTc-pertechnetate SPECT in remnant mass estimation of post -surgical patients of differentiated thyroid cancer during internal dosimetry’. Nucl Med Commun. 2008;29:809-14
- Comparison between standard dobutamine stress and combination of hand-grip exercise with dobutamine stress in myocardial perfusion SPECT. Oral presentation at The 4th Annual General Meeting of ARCCNM, Thailand,
- Usefulness of 99mTc-pertechnetate SPECT (TSPECT) in remnant mass estimation of postsurgical patients of differentiated thyroid cancer (DTC) during internal dosimetry. Oral presentation at SNM 54th Annual Meeting, DC Convention Center, Washington –DC, USA
- Role of F18-FDG PET-CT in the evaluation of patients with suspected recurrence of ovarian carcinoma on the basis of rising serum tumor markers. Oral presentation at SNM 54th Annual Meeting, DC Convention Center, Washington, DC,USA.
- Detection of contralateral breast cancer in patients with known breast cancer undergoing PET-CT scan for restaging Poster presentation at SNM 54th Annual Meeting, DC Convention Center, Washington, DC, USA.
- Role of Re-188 radiosynovectomy in patients with inflammatory knee joints refractory to conventional treatment. Poster presentation at SNM 54th Annual Meeting, DC Convention Center, Washington, DC, USA.
- Role of PET-CT in assessment of response to therapy in high grade lymphomas Poster presentation at Joint Molecular Imaging Conference, Providence, Rhode Island, USA.
- Role of 99mTc-ECD-Brain SPECT in Evaluation of Patients with Dementia and Mild Cognitive Impairment: Baseline and follow-up study. Poster presentation at Joint Molecular Imaging Conference, Providence, Rhode Island, USA.
- Role of FDG PET-CT in restaging of gallbladder carcinoma Poster presentation at Joint Molecular Imaging Conference, Providence, Rhode Island, USA.
- Functional Imaging in Neurology: MMCRI, 2009
- Nuclear Medicine in Cardiology: CSI, Mysore, 2009
- Nuclear Medicine in Clinical Practice: IMA Bhadravathi, 2010
- Nuclear Medicine in nephrourology: Pediatric Surgery State Conference, Bangalore,2011
- Nuclear Medicine in Clinical Practice: IMA, Nelamangala,2011
- Scintigraphic evaluation of GI disorders: IAP, Bangalore Chapter Meet,2011
- Nuclear Medicine in Clinical Practice: IMA, Ballary,2011
- Nuclear Medicine in Surgical Practice: VIMS, Ballary,2011
- Nuclear Medicine in Clinical Practice : All India IMACON, Bangalore,2011
- 1Nuclear Medicine in Clinical Practice: IMA, Channapattana, 2012
- Recent radiopharmaceuticals in Nephrourology: Bangalore urological Society,2013
- Nuclear Medicine & PETCT in clinical Practice: Jan 2014, Mysore
IASNM (Indo American Society of Nuclear Medicine) Fellowship award for best clinical abstract from India at the 54th SNM Annual Meeting Washington, DC, USA June 2-6, 2007.
LIFE MEMBER: Society of Nuclear Medicine, India.