NewMedd Diagnostics is first of its kind, comprehensive Nuclear Medicine, PET/CT and Radionuclide Therapy facility. These investigations are modern medical specialities for the diagnosis of disease at its earliest stage, prognostication, monitoring response to treatment and research of various disease states. The evolution in diagnostic imaging—“from producing anatomical pictures to imaging the body’s physiological processes”—is critically important to all facets of medicine, from diagnosing disease at its earliest stage to developing more effective therapies. Apart from diagnosis, nuclear medicine also has several therapeutic applications, most importantly in the treatment of hyperthyroidism and thyroid cancers, advanced neuroendocrine tumors, bone pain due to spread from many types of cancer, joint inflammatory disorders etc. Today, modern medicine is undergoing a major transformation, which is “to personalize medical treatment”; nuclear medicine and PET/CT are on its leading edge, probing deep inside the body to reveal its inner workings at physiological, biochemical and molecular levels.
Our goal is to be a premier facility in Diagnostic and therapeutic Nuclear Medicine services through extraordinary patient care, innovation, education, and research.
Nuclear Medicine Quick Facts
- An estimated 16 million nuclear medicine imaging and therapeutic procedures are performed each year in the United states. of these, 40-50% are cardiac exams and 35-40% are cancer related.
- Nuclear medicine procedures are cost effective.
- There are nearly 100 different nuclear medicine imaging procedures available today.
- Unlike other tests/procedures, etc., nuclear medicine provides information about the function of virtually every major organ system within the body.
- Nuclear medicine procedures are among the safest diagnostic imaging tests available.
- The amount of radiation in a nuclear medicine procedure is comparable to that received during a diagnostic x-ray.
- Children commonly undergo nuclear medicine procedures to evaluate bone pain, injuries, infection, or kidney and bladder function.
- Nuclear medicine procedures are painless and do not require anesthesia.
In one continuous full-body scan (usually about 30 minutes), PET captures images of miniscule changes in the body’s metabolism caused by the growth of abnormal cells.
NM is a specialized form of medical imaging where small amount of radioactive isotopes are attached to molecules or chemicals which then form “Radiopharmaceuticals”.
Myocardial perfusion imaging (MPI) is a non-invasive procedure used to test for significant coronary artery disease (CAD).
Many radioisotopes, radio labelled conjugates are available for treatment of difficult medical conditions; Some of them are the treatment of choice for the given conditions.
Multi Slice CT
CT Scan or computed tomography is a painless and a non-invasive medical test that helps physicians diagnose and treat medical conditions.
Why choose us:
Latest in technology
High qualified consultants
Quick turn around